SCP Workflow question

Kjetil Kilhavn list.sap-wug at vettug.no
Tue May 8 16:03:13 EDT 2018

What is an object? If the workflow is "Create Vendor Account" and takes
a bunch of input parameters for the new vendor, then why not let it
start before there is an LFA1 record in the database? You have an
object, it just isn't complete yet, it is a draft for a vendor record.
Sort of like FIPP objects.

But the way you describe it it may also be a workflow that doesn't have
a clue what is about to happen, so any type of object can be created
etc. I suppose it could still be a valid use case, but it's a bit harder
to imagine. How would one for instance identify agents for the first
step if you don't even know what is going to be created.

Den 08. mai 2018 19:08, skreiv Andy Curtis:
> WUG'ers :) (longtime no see)
>
> I am graduating to SCP Workflow and have a question, I wonder if
> anyone can help me out.
>
> I have always built Classic Workflows triggered after an object has
> been created in a database, or SAP always saves the object and then
> sends the Wf triggering event.  I would say thats best practice and it
> also fits with my other narrative about keeping process and
> application logic separate.
>
> In SCP it is possible to trigger a SCP Workflow without an Object, but
> is that a good idea?  The thought it to trigger SCP Wf and have a step
> that calls a task to create the object, so the Wf is basically generic
> to start with, then becomes instantiated after the first step.  Would
> anyone else think this is a good idea?  I don't, I think a Wf should
> have an object before being started but I am having a hard time
> arguing the case, so really looking for other informed opinion.
>
> Anyone got one?
>

> Andy Curtis

Kjetil Kilhavn