SCP Workflow question

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:08:44 EDT 2018

WUG'ers :) (longtime no see)

I am graduating to SCP Workflow and have a question, I wonder if anyone can
help me out.

I have always built Classic Workflows triggered after an object has been
created in a database, or SAP always saves the object and then sends the Wf
triggering event.  I would say thats best practice and it also fits with my
other narrative about keeping process and application logic separate.

In SCP it is possible to trigger a SCP Workflow without an Object, but is
that a good idea?  The thought it to trigger SCP Wf and have a step that
calls a task to create the object, so the Wf is basically generic to start
with, then becomes instantiated after the first step.  Would anyone else
think this is a good idea?  I don't, I think a Wf should have an object
before being started but I am having a hard time arguing the case, so
really looking for other informed opinion.

Anyone got one?

Andy Curtis