Workflow hanging in step stating it has completed. Will not proceed to next step.

Edward Diehl edwarddiehl at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 14:03:15 EST 2011

The most common reason I have found for this behavior is that workflow cannot resolve an agent assignment rule further on down in the flow.

Subject: Workflow hanging in step stating it has completed. Will not	proceed to next step.
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:47:00 -0500
From: DPinciak at massmutual.com
To: sap-wug at mit.edu

Hello Workflow
experts. I'm stuck and need help.
I’m having a problem
with Workflow in our Pre-Prod environment. It’s becoming a critical issue. It’s
inhibiting our ability to test.

Workflows will
process until they reach a point. The Workflow will then stop processing at that
step. The log will indicate the step has completed, but the workflow will not
proceed to the next step.

I've searched
the SDN and Google, but haven't been able to find this issue
posted.

When comparing the step history for the hung
workflow in Pre-Prod to a successful workflow in Q/A or prod, I notice that the
pre-prod workflow is missing the fourth execution step that is seen in the
successful workflow. "Result Processing" is missing from the pre-prod workflow.
At this point the workflow hangs. The screen prints are  in the
attached document.

Can you give me any
insight into what may be causing this problem?

The issue is
happening with a variety of Workflows.

Any help is
appreciated.
This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.