Query regarding a particular problem in workflow.

Tushar Shinde tushar.shinde20 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 02:57:33 EST 2011

Dear Workflow Team,
        I had a scenario to be built up in my existing workflow, the
scenario is, my existing workflow is of 2-Levels, wherein now based on the
new requirement I have to achieve the below mentioned purpose.
1. When workflow triggers, it goes first to Reporting Manager (1st Level)
-> then to HOD(2nd Level), but now as per new requirement, if say today the
workitem comes in inbox of HOD(2nd Level), and if for next 1-day HOD is on
Leave also if HOD is directly reporting to President of company, then only
the workflow should be escalated to HR instead of escalating to President,
otherwise no need for any escalation.

2. But here, the main problem is, the workitem should initially goto HOD &
should get escalated only after 1-day, if HOD is on Leave only on that
particular day & only if HOD is direct reporting to President, if the
condition are not met than the workitem should not get escalated to HR or
President.

3.Also there is apossibility of 1st Level & 2nd Level are both same Agents
or Person, in that case I have to built a check at 1st Level also.

One thing is sure that I have to branch into 2-condition if the person is
direct reporting to president than 1st Branch will execute else 2nd Branch
will execute. Now whatever escalation logic I have to implement is that
will be in 1st Branch.

Hope, I am pretty much clear in explaining my problem. Please let me know
how best I can solve the problem.

Happy Weekend.
God Bless.

Best Regards