Automatic Forwarding

Joanne Johnson JoanneJohnson at jo-annstores.com
Wed Sep 20 13:23:18 EDT 2006

Thanks Mark,

Substitution did the trick.  This will work great when a user has a planned absence like vacation.  Is there something that can be used by the Workflow Administrator to perform substitution for a specific user in the case where a user is out unexpectedly (i.e. illness) to allow someone else to do the work?

Joanne

>>> mark.pyc at gmail.com 9/20/2006 10:16 AM >>>

G'day Joanne,

Automatic Forwarding is for mails only. The concept you need for workitems is Substitution available in SBWP under Settings > Workflow Settings.

Good luck,
Mark

On 9/20/06, Joanne Johnson <JoanneJohnson at jo-annstores.com> wrote: Good Morning,

I am a new workflower and am playing around with automatic forwarding and cannot seem to get it to work.  I am on SAP 4.7.  Here's what I've tried:

In the Business Workplace, Settings -> Office Settings, I created an entry to forward from user A to user B for a specific date/time range.  The workflow was created in the Inbox of user A and I expected it to be in user B.  What am I missing?  Is this one of those "wait until after midnight" things for sync'ing up?

I also tried creating an auto forwarding rule using trans SO36 and got the same results.  I checked tables SOSU and SOUD and verified that the USRNO in the forwarding rule is set up ok and it is.  Both users are set up as possible agents.  Am I missing a config setting somewhere?

Also, how does the checkbox "Also place in inbox" work.  If it's checked, does it remain in User A's inbox as well as User B's inbox?  I looked for documentation but could not find any.  It seems to work the same whether I check it or not.

Lastly, if an auto forwarding rule is set up either via SO36 or by the user via Office Settings, how can it be changed?  For example, I want to change the checkbox?

Thanks for the help.

Joanne Johnson