Re-evaluate Rules via header event doesn't replace the WI

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 09:36:25 EDT 2006

G'day Wuggers,

ECC 5.0

We are using the Reevaluate Rules via version-dependant header events to
handle our deadline escallations however this process doesn't seem to
Replace the Workitem. This means that if a Workitem is reserved by an agent,
they go off sick, the deadline kicks in, the table used in the agent
expression is appended, the event raised, the agents are recalculated but
the Workitem remains reserved by the original agent. This is very
disappointing!

Is this how it works (or rather doesn't) or do I have an OSS issue on my
hands (I can't find a suitable note).

If this is how it works then I'm looking at extending the Worktiem object
and including a method to call SAP_WAPI_PUT_BACK_WORKITEM which would be
included in the Deadline path before the event raise for recalc. I'd be
interested to know what others have done.

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Have fun,
Mark