Using composite roles in agent assignment

Paul Bakker paulbakker at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:07:58 EDT 2006

Hi,

 I need to assign about 20 roles to a task, to define the set of possible agents. I was hoping to get around this by defining a COMPOSITE role, which includes these 20 single roles.

I had never actually tried using composite before, but I always assumed that it would work - I hoped task would 'inherit' the users assigned to each single role.

But this turns out to be wrong - the workflow fails because the task has no possible agents! When you navigate through the Agent maintenance screen, you cannot drill down to any agents.

Can somebody confirm / deny that composite roles CANNOT be used for agent assignment (except when the agents are directly assigned to the composite role itself)?

thanks,
Paul