Visibility to Reserved and Forwarded WorkItems

Knott, Cheryl c-knott at ti.com
Thu Sep 7 13:44:05 EDT 2000

We're having problems with people reserving workflow items and forwarding
workflow items to others.  When this happens, the
items are not visible for the rest of the work group.  We would like to
investigate options for keeping these visible.  Due to the number of items
remaining in the system for an extended period of time, we need to find some
way of increasing visibility of these items.

One thing we're thinking of is a program that should replace the work items
back to the original routing daily , if it is not in a ready
status without a forward.

Another alternative we thought about was to keep the work item visible in
the total queue, though it couldn't be started.  We think that this
would be most complicated,  but would probably best meet our requirements if
we can determine how to do this.

We'd also like to modify the forward function, if possible, to simply extend
the routing to the new person or position that the item is
being forwarded to rather than moving it solely to the new forwarded
recipient(s).

We're open to suggestions.

I appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Knott