Workflow EMail

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu May 11 20:11:13 EDT 2000

Hi Kamaraj,
Normal method for sending emails from workflow is to use a task
with object SELFITEM, method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION, and set the Typeid
parameter
to "U" for internet mail, receivers are then email addresses e.g.
"sap-wug at mitvma.mit.edu".

To send the actual office object if you work through the programming beneath
the SELFITEM and
SOFM objects you eventually find there is a function module
SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 which does
actual send.  But honestly, it's a lot easier to use
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION than to
manually fill the interface of SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 yourself.

Regarding the URL, putting a URL in the task description works fine in
Business-to-Business Procurement - I haven't noticed any limitation of 80
characters and some of the URLs created are definitely longer than that.
You need to make sure the URL is continuous of course and should cater for
URL-encoding with spaces and special characters.

What are you using to view the email?  Are you sure the limitation is on the
workflow side and not part of your email system?

Regards,

 <http://www.mysap.com/>         Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880