[Dspace-general] Publisher's requirements for links from published articles

Shane Beers sbeers at gmu.edu
Tue Apr 22 10:11:03 EDT 2008

Reply to question 1:
I put that information in dc.description, such as "The definitive
version is available at www.blackwell-synergy.com. http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/
....."  This is in addition to a proper dc.identifier.citation which
contains a normally-formatted citation.

Reply to question 2:
I've discussed this in past dspace threads, but I'll mention it again
here. I frequently use a software called ABBYY FineReader Pro (http://www.abbyy.com/finereader8/?param=44890
), which allows one to import an existing PDF and re-purpose the
content. I've been thinking about writing up a guide to using ABBYY to
do this, but it's not difficult to figure out, in my opinion.
Essentially you take the content and de-select things like page
headers/footers/etc and create a new PDF that uses the same textual
content, but does not contain any publisher information. This
successfully side-steps that issue, in my not-a-lawyer point of view.

I hope this helps.

Shane Beers
Digital Repository Services Librarian
George Mason University