[Dspace-general] Publisher's requirements for links from published articles

Girija S. girija at rri.res.in
Sat Apr 26 02:13:23 EDT 2008

Dear Jeremy,

We use Dspace 1.4.2 and address your questions in the following way:

1.  We use the relation.uri to give a link to the published version of the
article.  We use the doi if available and have labelled this field as
'alternative location'.  This creates a clickable link and anyone with
subscription to the journal can access it immediately.

2.  We have hosted all our institute publications on our repository
(including all of C.V. Raman's publications). We have scanned the older
articles (as they were not yet online).  The fulltext is open-access or
restricted access depending on the publisher's copyright policies.  If
open-access versions are available at arXiv or ADS, we also give a link to
this using the relation.uri.  We plan to add the request-a-copy button in
future so that restricted articles can be requested by anyone.
Even now, anyone can contact us to get the restricted items.

As you can guess, we are using the repository to also archive all the
publications of the institute at a central place.

Have a look at http://hdl.handle.net/2289/3442 to get an idea.

Best wishes,
Girija

  Girija Srinivasan,
  Raman Research Institute Library,               Tel:  +91 80 2361 0122
  C V Raman Avenue, Sadashivanagar,               Fax:  +91 80 2361 0492
  Bangalore 560 080, India.                       Email: girija at rri.res.in