[ASA-Official] Spring GBM | CPW Event Registration | New Groups Application | W20 Repairs

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Mon Feb 27 11:49:56 EST 2023

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   ASA Spring General Body Meeting

  *   Reminder for CPW Event Registration

  *   New Groups Application

  *   W20 Repairs Website

________________________________

ASA Spring General Body Meeting

Our Spring General Body Meeting will be the evening of April 3rd from 5:00-6:00 PM in 34-101. We will send out an agenda including any documents to review before the meeting at least one week before that date.

The same rules apply as for a normal GBM: FSILGs, graduate dorms, and club sports may attend if they wish to but are not required to do so. ASA groups are still required to send one member per group, but you may represent as many groups as you like, and each attendee can only exercise one vote.

________________________________

Reminder for CPW Event Registration

[NOTICE] CPW Midway sign-ups will open in March!

The CPW 2023 Community Site is live! The site can be accessed here: <https://community.mitcpw.org/>.

The Community Site will be the central hub for all things CPW as it relates to the MIT Community. Important deadlines such as the Event Registration, Hosting Registration, and Funding Request deadlines can be found on the site.

  *   Funding Request Deadline: Friday, March 3rd

  *   Event Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 19th

  *   Host Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 26th

Since our adMITs look forward to the student-run events during CPW, we figured we would highlight some helpful information:

  *   As we are using a new event registration platform this year (Attendee Interactive), we’ve made sure to go over the basics on this FAQ sheet.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Ii7TI53WF8EO_B-ne6YMl0RBjDfFB5KLA8y_aPoY2U/edit?usp=sharing>

  *   Before registering your event, you will need to create a profile. Once a profile is created, you can register events for your student group.

  *   On top of registering your event through Attendee Interactive, you will also need to ensure you are reserving your event space (the sooner the better).

Reserving event space:

Submitting an event does not reserve your event location. Use the links below to reserve your event space:

  *   Most rooms on campus can be reserved through Reserve Campus Activities Complex<http://cac-ems2.mit.edu/EmsWebApp/> (CAC).

  *   Reserve a space in DAPER<https://daper.mit.edu/> by emailing Molly Dufour at <mdufour at mit.edu>

  *   Reserve a classroom through the Registrar’s office<https://classrooms.mit.edu/classrooms/#/choose>

  *   For inquiries about other space on campus, please email us at <cpw at mitadmissions.org>

  *   Reserve department owned spaces through the department admin

If you have any questions, concerns or are looking for guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out to the CPW team at <cpw at mitadmissions.org>.

________________________________

New Groups Application

The Spring 2023 cycle for new group applications is officially open. You can find details on how to apply on the ASA website <https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/new-group-application>. The application will close on March 5th. Note that any funded groups will not be accepted in time to apply for Spring cycle funding deadlines and should instead target the Summer cycle deadlines.

W20 Repairs Website

If your group uses space in W20 (Stratton Student Center), please see the CAC website<https://studentlife.mit.edu/cac/stratton-student-center/w20-repair-updates> for updates on the status of spaces, linked below. Access to the 3rd and 4th floor is restricted until W20 reopens in August, after renovations are complete. However, if you need to access your group space to retrieve materials, please complete this form<https://cglink.me/2cy/s319> to arrange access for your group or contact <student-activities at mit.edu> if you have questions.

<https://studentlife.mit.edu/cac/stratton-student-center/w20-repair-updates>

<https://cglink.me/2cy/s319>

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>