[ASA-Official] Spring LEF/ARCADE | New Groups | Postering Rules | CPW
jgiang at mit.edu
Sun Feb 12 20:36:27 EST 2023
Dear Student Group Leaders,
Please read the following announcements carefully:
* Spring LEF/ARCADE
* Spring New Groups Application
* Postering Rules Will Be Strictly Enforced
* Campus Preview Weekend
Spring LEF/ARCADE Applications
Spring LEF/ARCADE applications <https://cglink.me/2cy/s315> are now open and due March 1. This cycle covers events in April - June. If you need an extension, please email <asa-treasury at mit.edu> on or before March 1 to avoid late penalty. All applications must be received by March 8, regardless of any extension allowed. Read more about LEF/ARCADE here: <https://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events>.
Spring New Groups Application
The Spring 2023 cycle for new group applications is officially open. You can find details on how to apply on the ASA website (https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/new-group-application). The application will close on March 5th. Note that any funded groups will not be accepted in time to apply for Spring cycle funding deadlines and should instead target the Summer cycle deadlines.
Postering Rules Will Be Strictly Enforced
With the new poster board allocations done (posted on our website), we will be enforcing the rules for both public and private boards. Clubs are responsible for covering their private boards and regularly clearing posters added by groups not authorized to use their board. Additionally, if your club's board is being affected by unauthorized postering, email a picture to asa-postering at mit.edu and we will reprimand the offending group for you.
Rules for private and public boards:
Campus Preview Weekend
The time has come for the CPW 2023 Community Site to go live! The site can be accessed here: https://community.mitcpw.org/.
The Community Site will be the central hub for all things CPW as it relates to the MIT Community. Important deadlines such as the Event Registration, Hosting Registration, and Funding Request deadlines can be found on the site.
* Funding Request Deadline: Friday, March 3rd
* Event Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 19th
* Host Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 26th
Since our adMITs look forward to the student-run events during CPW, we figured we would highlight some helpful information:
* As we are using a new event registration platform this year (Attendee Interactive), we’ve made sure to go over the basics on this FAQ sheet.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Ii7TI53WF8EO_B-ne6YMl0RBjDfFB5KLA8y_aPoY2U/edit?usp=sharing>
* Before registering your event, you will need to create a profile. Once a profile is created, you can register events for your student group.
* On top of registering your event through Attendee Interactive, you will also need to ensure you are reserving your event space (the sooner the better).
Reserving event space:
Submitting an event does not reserve your event location. Use the links below to reserve your event space:
* Most rooms on campus can be reserved through Reserve Campus Activities Complex<http://cac-ems2.mit.edu/EmsWebApp/> (CAC).
* Reserve a space in DAPER<https://daper.mit.edu/> by emailing Molly Dufour at mdufour at mit.edu
* Reserve a classroom through the Registrar’s office<https://classrooms.mit.edu/classrooms/#/choose>
* For inquiries about other space on campus, please email us at cpw at mitadmissions.org
* Reserve department owned spaces through the department admin
If you have any questions, concerns or are looking for guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out to the CPW team at cpw at mitadmissions.org.
Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.
The ASA Executive Board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the asa-official