[OWW-SC] page DOIs

Julius B. Lucks julius at younglucks.com
Tue Sep 18 15:25:15 EDT 2007

I guess DOI's are one incarnation of URN's with domain-specificity to
e-publications.  It seems really silly that the DOI registration is
not more permanent, which more likely than not has something to do
with revenues rather than implementing a successful URN scheme.

I'll have to read up more on DOI's to be able to discuss this more in
a semi-informed manner.  For now, I don't see any problem with what
you proposed, although it doesn't seem to be any different than just
giving oww url's with an oldid parameter.  Perhaps masking these
url's with other url's won't change the reviewers opinions once they
figure out what is going on.  It seems like we need something more on
the lines of a culture change where people find it acceptable to
reference wiki pages.  Then we can use whatever name archiving scheme
we want.

Can anyone share recent experience on reviewers not accepting oww
url's as references?

Cheers,

Julius

Please Reply to My Permanent Address: julius at younglucks.com