[Tango-L] Interesting question

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Sun Apr 26 22:53:04 EDT 2015

"Help!  A tango teacher told me to keep my heels on the floor - I should
use the heels on my tango shoes to stand on. I've been working hard to do
that, even though it didn't feel very natural. Now another teacher (ed not
- that was me) says I should keep my heels just slightly off the floor -
only if I really need balance should they touch the floor. What is right??
And why do teachers seem to contradict each other so often?"

Ever heard of that - a teacher who tells followers to keep their heels on
the floor "your shoes have heels for a reason!"
Lois

ᐧ