[Tango-L] Thanks Phil for your not too serious comments.

Dwain Edwards stolenfire at fix.net
Thu Apr 23 02:08:58 EDT 2015

I must say that Phil's post gave me a chuckle. I imagine that his post
got many folks' knickers in a knot. I wonder how many people ignored or
forgot the initial warning "hey, don't take my comments too
seriously!"? Oh well....

Tradition. Very powerful. Worth killing for, worth dying for. Or
perhaps that's a touch too extreme. But certainly worth insulting a
person, flaming a person as it were, for even mentioning, as a
possibility, some deviation from the all holy traditions.

Traditions are comfortable. And as the old saying goes, why try to fix
something that isn't broke(n), forgetting I think, that old chestnut,
the more things change, the more they remain the same.

There is a powerful intention in most folks to return to our "birth
place", to grasp and hold close to our breasts that which started it
all - our Motherland (so to speak). A Zeitgeist, a Cynosure of tango:
Buenos Aires. And all that is well and good. I can "respect" Tradition,
appreciate its "purpose". It is the "religious" intensity of some of
the adherents to "the codes" that have squelched any desire I may have
had to visit Buenos Aires. (As an aside, was not Paris the midwife of
tango; that without Paris, tango would have been a still birth of
Buenos Aires? Hmmm. Or that the waltz, broke tradition by being the
first alternative music to be danced using the "steps" of tango - or
was tango still in its youth and therefore not yet rigid in its
traditions and able to accept alternative music? Hmmmm.)

Anyway... Thanks Phil for your not too serious comments.

Light, Love, Passion, Compassion,

Dwain