[Tango-L] short film of tango

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Tue Feb 21 06:37:40 EST 2012

On 20/02/2012 22:02, Steve Littler wrote:
> Another possible interpretation is that the young woman reminds the
> older man of his wife who may have died. (Since she looks a lot like the
> woman in his pocket watch.)

That was my take on it as well. I thought the film was beautiful; the only
thing that irked me was the post-production. At times the music
matches the dancers very well, but at other times it doesn't. It looks
like the cutting and the desire not to interrupt the song in the
background clashed a bit at times, because what the dancers do makes
sense, if you silence the audio, but not at this point in time in
the sonf.

If I were a follower, I don't think I'd enjoy following the leader
who cut some of the scenes to the music ;).