[Tango-L] chacarera skirts

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 10:12:24 EDT 2012

I think it's fine if the guys wear jeans.  I'm not interested in recreating a historical event.  But women like wearing fun flowy skirts, so I'm interested in creating an updated look that the women will enjoy showing off.  The guys don't care about their clothes, they just want the women to feel good about participating.  Discount department stores (like Marshalls and TJMaxx) around here have maxi skirts for about $20, but they don't have the fullness I'd like.

If you figure that these type of folkloric dances were developed and danced by the average person, there really shouldn't be a need to get an expensive skirt during a time when people made their own clothes, right?  That wouldn't really be in keeping with the origins of the dance.  We have some funds leftover from a post-festival milonga that I thought could go toward these skirts, but I need multiple skirts for the university tango club.  A white top and a scarf around the waist (which I can pickup when they go on sale where I work) can complete the look.

Trini de Pittsburgh