[Tango-L] meccas, was seminar review, Lois post

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:19:47 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Nussbaum, Martin <mnussbau at law.nyc.gov> wrote:
> Lois, i agree with you about what makes a tango scene special.  I would
> add to that really friendly dancers  and welcoming hosts who make you
> feel at home.  I found both of those in Boulder, as well as places to
> dance, such as the Avalon Ballroom and the Cochabamba Norte Practica.

      Okay, Martin, but does that make Boulder "now the go-to mecca
for tango, second only to Buenos Aires" as you declared in your
original posting?  Perhaps a wee bit over the top, don't you think?

       By the way, I finally visited Boulder on a day trip about a
year ago and completely fell in love with the place (without even
getting to dance there), so I fully understand your enthusiasm.

Huck