[Tango-L] meccas, was seminar review, Lois post

Nussbaum, Martin mnussbau at law.nyc.gov
Wed Oct 5 14:11:05 EDT 2011

Lois, i agree with you about what makes a tango scene special.  I would
add to that really friendly dancers  and welcoming hosts who make you
feel at home.  I found both of those in Boulder, as well as places to
dance, such as the Avalon Ballroom and the Cochabamba Norte Practica.
Even though the presence of one "argentine superstar couple", Gustavo y
Giselle was inspiring and of huge importance to me, and can serve as a
catalyst for growth in a community, it wasnt only about them.  Other
teaching couples/ milonga hosts  based there give the place a great warm
vibe, such as Brian Dunn, Deb Sclar, NIck Jones, Diana cruz.
Curiously, i found nothing at the usual haunts in Denver during the same
weekend,(Sept 23),  no tango at Mercury cafe, turnverein, or cheeseman
park.