[Tango-L] Embrace a whole new side of your partner

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:17:01 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

[ I assume Mario is quoting some sort of advertising brochure: ]

> Tango "al reves" (also called tango "in shadow position") is a dance technique invented in the 1960's by the milonguero Arturito, and developed by such luminaries as Antonio Todaro, Raul Bravo and Pupi Castelo.

       Oh really?   Does "invented" mean Fred Astaire movies finally
got imported into Argentina in 1960 and Arturito was first in line at
the premier showing?   Or does it mean Arthur Murray finally opened up
a studio in Buenos Aires in 1960 and Arturito was the first student?
*chuckle*

> It is dancing with the man and woman both facing in the same direction, the man directly behind her.

        The only time the man is directly behind the woman is in conga
dancing and sex.  *more chuckles*   Try behind and to the side.

         Now quoting Mario:

>  I guess tahgo as a social dance where a frontal embrace can be enjoyed is something soon to be an ancient fad.

         :-)

Huck