[Tango-L] Embrace a whole new side of your partner

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Mon May 23 14:03:34 EDT 2011

> Tango "al reves" (also called tango "in shadow position") is a dance technique invented in the 1960's by the milonguero Arturito, and developed by such luminaries as Antonio Todaro, Raul Bravo and Pupi Castelo.
>  I guess tahgo as a social dance where a frontal embrace can be enjoyed is something soon to be an ancient fad.

Uh.... Todaro, Bravo and Castelo were dancing this stuff 50 years ago.
I don't think something done 50 years ago is suddenly going to
relegate the contemporary "frontal embrace" obsolete.

I assume you were looking at some promotional material from Gazenbeek
& Segura from NYC.... they are also quite involved in the gay tango
scene.... if we aren't careful protecting the traditions of tango,, we
might end up with Gay Milongas in BsAs....no, wait, never mind.