[Tango-L] Men's strategies (3)

sherpal1@aol.com sherpal1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 15:52:18 EDT 2011

Trini, absolutly, Steve was not a contradiction but a wonderful
exposition of his experiences, which to me, are quite valid...the
problem is the lack of affirmation of other non-argentine tangueros
towards us,  non argentine tangueras, who have similarly valuable and
valid experiences.  My father used to tell me that when he wanted to
learn about girls/women, he talked to other females....not to other
men...to learn the ropes, the ways into a woman's heart...seems like
good advice to me.  It is so odd to me that our non argentine men take
more cues from other men than women....just whom are they trying to
please????  Is dancing for them pleasure or competition?  Sherrie

I would still like to know how men operate if say, they are from
Pittsburgh and then go to a workshop/milonga in San Francisco, what
strategies do they use to get unacquainted females  to dance with
them....