[Tango-L] Men's strategies (3)

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 15:31:50 EDT 2011

Hi Sherrie,

I don't think it was Steve that was contradicting you.  I believe he only shared his personal experiences.  I am also surprised that yours and Nancy's experiences are being pooh-poohed, as if with the hundreds of male dancers in BsAs have only one way of asking a woman to dance and one moment in time to ask.

It doesn't take much to catch someone's eye.  At a local milonga, it's pretty easy to note who comes and goes even while dancing.  A little something that registers in the head, not like filling out a spreadsheet of data.  I don't think that type of communication you and Nancy talk about has reached the States because guys are too busy trying out their new steps and looking at their partner (instead of the floor and creates all types of navigational hazards).  If a man dances simply and musically, I think what you and Nancy describe is quite reasonable.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  And thanks to Nancy, too.  It adds a useful dimension to the tango culture in BsAs.

Trini de Pittsburgh