[Tango-L] Men's strategies (3)

sherpal1@aol.com sherpal1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 18 14:31:16 EDT 2011

Steve. it is so incredible how you guys give all this outpouring of
support and appreciation for what other men tell you, but pretty much
attack, deny and ignore what women tell you.  It seems to me that Nancy
and I (although I do not know her) are pretty experienced in the realm
of dancing in BA with some very  good milongueros, and yet you all
hardly give a nod to our experiences and information.   It makes it all
seem so one way and wooden.  Last time I was in BA, some guy whom I
recognized from previous trips asked me to dance.  Seemed safe.  He
thought I was argentine, I am not, he was from Seattle.  After he
learned I was from the US. coupled with his bad lead that ran me into a
table, and as he was leaning backward, taking me off my axis, and
several of his pasos I could not execute because my weight was forward
on him , he turned to me and said" your  dancing  is very heavy on me
and your are hurting my recently opearated -on knee."  This crap only
comes from foreigners who have no sense of themselves and I think have
a really deep resentment towards women and they use their tango as a
bludgeon against ladies that are non-argentines....can you imagine this
guy saying such a thing to a Portena???? not me..  So, fellas, quit
being so stuck on yourselves and listen to what the experienced women
dancers have to say...it's far less incestuous and would be
mind-expanding for you. sherrie