[Tango-L] Men's strategies (3)

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Sat Jun 18 15:53:25 EDT 2011

Hi Sherrie,

I thought Steve was just sharing his experiences, rather than
contradicting yours.

Of course, the lady's perspective is invaluable! No doubt since it is
rare for any of us men
(at least me) to talk to the lady's and get their perspective, although
I have had such
discussions with one of my female maestras in Buenos Aires whom I see
once or twice a year.
I don't think that there is any idiom that will fit everybody. For
example, if I cabaceo a lady,
who knows what she is really thinking or what leads her to dance. So
your views are very
useful. But just as there are many viewpoints for the male, there are
surely many viewpoints
for the females, wouldn't you agree. I have been told by one of my
porteno friends who lives
in Bs.As. that there is much flirting going around at the Milongas and
that many milongas are
meat markets. Sometimes what we westerner's see is seen through
rose-colored filters.

In any case, keep your opinions coming Sherrie! I have noticed that when
you write, vigorous
discussion often ensues, and I enjoy it.

       Gordon