[Tango-L] Interesting Tango Listing

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Tue Jun 14 05:40:50 EDT 2011

On 13/06/2011 20:49, Gordon Erlebacher wrote:
> Personally I prefer it that way.

So do I. A local teacher (Sergio Molini, an Argentine
dancer dragged in Belgium by Jorge Donn) actually used
the same approach to decide what to teach for an entire
year in Antwerp. We were asked to dance for ten minutes
and then were taught for a year about altering the rhythm
of steps, musicality (and that was *quite* the epiphany),
and how to play with the strong and weak beats and phrases
in the music.

Not consciously, mind you, but the "sequences" we were
taught "happened" to teach us something new about
how to dance.

Which tells you something about how we interpreted
(or rather did not interpret) the music before he came
along, I must confess.