[Tango-L] "how can one attract more male dancers on the dance floor?"

Larry Richelli larryrichy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 18:45:01 EST 2011

>I would like to talk about a subject that >might be relevant to any
>Dancing community in general, any Tango >community in particular: "how
>can one attract more male dancers on the >dance floor?"

One only need to study the tango community in San Diego. There are more men then

woman at almost any milonga. It is hard for me because I like to hear the music
before I pick a dance partner and one cannot do this in San Diego. If you don't
have a partner by the first note of the music, you don't get a dance that
tanda.
I have not been able to figure this phenomena out, but it is one of the only
places I have seen this, so there is something different going on there!