[Tango-L] How to put some oomph into your lead

uja uja100 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 19:40:21 EST 2011

Hi Mario,
The first thing I noticed when the video started was the song being played. It's Viejo Porton by Rodolfo Biagi with Teofilo Ibanez as the singer. Some of the vals by Biagi are my all-time favorites. The others are:  Lejos De Tí - Loca De Amor - El Ultimo Adios.

They are so incredibly "beautiful" to me that words cannot describe what I feel when I listen to them. The songs just "move me" like no other vals. When I hear them played at a milonga I am immediately transformed. All I want is to find a woman to dance with so we can dance together with the music. What can I say I'm hooked on tango music. Btw, there are 100s of other songs that move me too.

We all realize this is a subjective experience.

>From my own personal experience, when I became more proficient in:
knowing the music
knowing how to move
knowing how to navigate
knowing how to embrace
knowing a few steps - especially how to walk
<Did I leave anything out> like connection

Then I became more confident in how I danced and I began noticing that I was dancing with more oomph. And boy oh boy do I have a lot more to learn.