[Tango-L] How to put some oomph into your lead

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Sat Jan 29 11:12:49 EST 2011

Mario:
First, the definition of factoid:

  1.. A piece of unverified or inaccurate information that is presented in the press as factual, often as part of a publicity effort, and that is then accepted as true because of frequent repetition
Did you really mean to use the word factoid?

2. I don't see any "shooting of the feet" or walking on cobble stones.

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines

  From: Mario
  Subject: [Tango-L] How to put some oomph into your lead

  This is an interesting and helpful (for the lead) factoid that I picked up from a couple websites devoted to tango
  it's called 'shooting the feet' or 'walking on cobble stones.' Here's a good example with the performance dance of Jorge Firpo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_86QW0UjIg Note that there is no lackadaisacal walking in this dance..no loosly taking a step but rather a strong marking of the step