[Tango-L] How to put some oomph into your lead

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 01:48:05 EST 2011

This is an interesting and helpful (for the lead) factoid
that I picked up from a couple websites devoted to tango
it's called 'shooting the feet' or 'walking on cobble stones.'
Here's a good example with the performance dance of Jorge Firpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_86QW0UjIg
Note that there is no lackadaisacal walking in this dance..no loosly taking a
step
but rather a strong marking of the step...I could show videos of the opposite of
this
but it would be unfair 'cause the dancers are usually beginners.
Of course we are talking about traditional Argentine tango dancing here.