[Tango-L] Using the Social dance as THE model for the student

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 22:19:27 EST 2011

  What I'm enthused about is arriving at a 'whole'  dance...from beginning to
end... expressed throughout as one whole fluid reaction to the music.   I'm
comparing again to language aquisition; the difference between studying 'parts
of speech' (which doesn't work by-the-way) and hanging into a fluent
conversation... as I see it from having just gone thru it., the BIG problem for
the 2 and 3 years student is putting it all together and enjoying a complete
dance...and at the end feeling that he expressed a whole, complete pice of
art.   Don't you see what I'm getting at?  Fluency produces fluency...you study
fluency by practicing fluency...not grammar.

www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.tangoandchaos.org
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin
"The ultimate aim for every human being is to be immensely creative."
.. -Norman Mailer