[Tango-L] Navigation (was: Using the social dance as THE model)

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 00:57:47 EST 2011

John
The main reason for standing and  chatting before starting to dance is for
the man to “Mark the music” listen to  the music the beat the rhythm. In BA
it drives me crazy to stand there for 30 or  40 seconds after the music
starts before you start dancing. I force myself to  comply out of respect for
the rules of the milongas in BA. In the US I think  it’s okay to mark the
music for a couple of seconds and go. Nothing pisses me  off more then the
idiot that just got back from BA and thinks he’s a milonguero  and needs to
stand there for eternity after the music starts. I’m like you in  the US I’ll
dance past someone who’s holding up the floor chatting but once the  floor is
moving I rarely will pass another couple.
David

In a message  dated 1/14/2011 5:55:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,