[Tango-L] Using the social dance as THE model

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Wed Jan 12 08:17:56 EST 2011

Absolutely true Tony. On the other hand, if tango is over-regulated,
then many less people will start to dance the tango, and the crowded
Milonga floors will no be so crowded. After all, if it was not for the
show dancing gee-wiz, tango would probably be much less popular than it
is today. Its resurgence is a direct consequence of show dancing in my
opinion.

Personally, I prefer the social form, but adapt according to floor space.

    Gordon