[Tango-L] Using the social dance as THE model

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 08:50:21 EST 2011

This whole discussion about rules, social- vs show-dancing, etc. has lost
meaning for me. I dance my inner dance that is inspired by the music, the
partner, the occasion, my state of being, and the floor with or without other
dancers on it. There is no way that I will dance twice the same way - I just do
not think I could do it. Major breakthrough in my dancing started happening as I
stopped thinking and let the internal dance come out.

Of course, I will try my best not to disturb other dancers as a matter of common
courtesy. I used to get aggravated by those who do disturb others, but then I
realized that nothing is achieved and consequently I just try to get away from
such folk as much as possible - end of story.

As a milonga organizer, I will intervene if I see ppl continuously disturbing
other dances.

...dubravko