[Tango-L] proportions

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 14:15:55 EST 2011

Yes, sherrie, I agree, the length of the tanda should be a consideration more
than the number of songs in it, although, folks get used to certain number of
songs/tanda and are surprised if you deviate from the "standard." I try to stay
within 10 minutes/tangotanda when I DJ, which may be two, three, or four songs.
There are many, many other consideration for creating tandas and sequencing them
too, but that is a subject for a different e-mail list (TangoDJ).

I do agree that being a dancer should be helpful for DJ-ing, although it may
introduce a very strong bias, which in and of itself is not bad as long as the
DJ is known for it and is consistent. I think dancers do not like too many
surprises. A DJ should not be educating the dancers, but should play the music
most people would want to dance to.

...dubravko

P.S. The mail dancer in that Youtube clip I linked to before is Osvaldo Natucci
who is also a very well known DJ.