[Tango-L] Elitism

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 17:27:45 EST 2011

Bob I agree with you Orlando  Paiva was my hero and the maestro of elegant
tango.
I often watch the ego  driven men trying to lead beginners in moves way
beyond their limits only adding  to their frustration and embarrassment. I find
a simple walk with an  intermittent turn danced to the music is all that’s
needed to put a beginner at  ease and let her enjoy the dance without any
fear or frustration. A simple tanda  like this gives her reason for wanting to
continue dancing tango. As far as  experienced followers not wanting to
dance with someone who’s dancing with  beginners that’s ridiculous. I would
think that you would be admired for dancing  with a beginner especially if you
we’re doing it well.
David