[Tango-L] on tango musicians playing at milongas , second group of young people

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 26 14:30:10 EDT 2011

As I said before, this is not a research or a thesis, but a collection of memories , maybe some of this group are gone , or split . Is hard to follow their track , take this comment as a rush on this tango scene, ever changing, ever improving, never still .

http://www.dcote.com.ar/

D`cote is a quartet of four saxos. Their repertoire is focused in melodies of tangos easy to catch . Not my purpose to say "this can be danced, this can be heard only", I think that some of their playings can be danceable .

There is or were also, another group " Nuevos vientos", that used this arrangement of saxos plus a traverse flute, and they prepare old tangos (like Tubatango ), I suppose, again , that for those that like to dance canyengue, this  groups are good.

Well, mentioned Tubatango, they change their formation , now they have new musicians , keep doing his tangos for canyengue , like El flete .

***
Fervor de Buenos Aires played Di Sarli style, they split and make a new group Orquesta Misteriosa Buenos Aires . They were friends of another group , Cerda Negra, excellent  IMHO , and in fact, " Fervor " was telonero /courtain player for Cerda Negra. One memorable night some years ago, at a social club in Olivos, they played separately, with two entries, and then they join together , the dream of Di Sarli fans, 8 violins, 8 bandoneons, two counterbass, two guitars and one piano ..... playing altogether  "Loca " and then "Recuerdo" since Cerda Negra played Pugliese, excellent

La Chicana with Dolores Sola ... I dont know , they made shows, then a movie ( Tango un giro extraño ) then ... out in the world they must be.

Also Los cosos de al lao, I think , I am not sure wether they are playing now.

Orquesta Vale Tango is excellent, unfortunately their two last recordings, have been made under a german seal, that does not sell locally their CDs, so , if you want the recording of this group at La Viruta, you have to pay Euros 55 for the Cd, too expensive.
They played in La Viruta as a kind of happy go lucky thalisman, every end of year near xmas, when they come back from the tours. Also last year, they gathered at a cultural center near Abasto , to play for friends

Orquesta Fernandez Fierro, have their own club, so they can play there , without the trouble of fees I mentioned before, I dont know how they present their welfare tally ( since the interpeters have to inform to AAI , the union that collect copyrights of interpeters, about their performances,. Do not mix AAI with SADAIC, sadaic collects copyrights for the authors of lyrics and music of tangos/milongas/valsecitos/ whatsoever.  AAI collects the fee of the interpeter , this was a long and intensive work made by Leopoldo Federico, chairman of the AAI, to have the old musicians, with some funds to collect their pensions.. Is funny that all people in Europe and the rest of the world, are enthusiastic about listening to the great old tango musicians, but when the time of pension arrives, nobody cares, the oldies have to live with a small pension fund of usd 250 month, unless, the AAI as it is doing, make some contribution to help them to live decently
 their last years.

Trio Viyurca , good group , his singer is also producer and has an excellent studio for recording, I have a friend that sings tangos, Roberto Guiet, that record hismaterial there. The name of the singer is ... Gustavo Braga .  This Trio play at La Castorera , a milonga very special, on an athelier, polished wood for dancing floor. Also in other places. the milonga is at Chacarita/Colegiales neighbouroods, I am not sure on the boundaries between this two neighbourhoods ( and i work in this area since 1995, shame on me again). Viyurca, is a slang word, for the neighbourhhod of Villa Urquiza ( my birthplace and childrens year place)

Trio Agri (son) , Zarate and Falasca . Excellent ,http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1361897404103

I will end here , since Agri (son ) and Zarate, are a good example, of gifted young musicians, that make all kind of ensambles, busy squirrels among musicians

I like also Tango Loco from Daniel Garcia (the father of Daniel use to made all the music scores for  famous horror movies and TV series of Buenos Aires, Narciso Ibañez Menta), he has excellent musicians, and they play , thismusicians in many other groups

For instance, Horacio Hurtado, the counterbass , plays with Pablo Ziegler and  Horacio Lopez Furst , tangos ( as Ziegler once said " we have a piano, a counterbass and a drummer, we may play jazz .. but we will play tangos )
it seems to be a sign of times