[Tango-L] Better? Worse? Just different

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 14 19:34:27 EDT 2011

“If you are going to breed a new "critter", by  crossing an existing
critter with different critters, then by all means you have  every right to do it,
so go ahead and do it.
But please give this new critter  a new name, so that people know that it
is different from the original critter  that you used as a base for breeding”.

I like how you talk about breeding  to get new critters and its true but
there is another parallel you can draw to  tango.
You should only “breed” animals for one reason and that is to improve  the
breed. The majority of breeders are in it only for the money so get a few
dogs start breeding and presto you start a “puppy mill” If you look at the
German Shepherd today they are plagued with hip and bone problems because
of  back yard breeders and puppy mills.
Tango is becoming a community of “tango  mills” You can learn to tango in
three easy lessons or from videos or self  appointed “teachers” and before
you know it you can hang out a shingle and start  teaching too. So what’s
the tango community breeding? More bad dancers but  that’s okay because soon
all those bad dancers will be teaching so how sad it is  that?
Evolution isn’t a ladder it’s a tree with many branches some  strong and
some weak hopefully traditional tango will survive the new branches  that are
starting to sprout.
David

In a message dated 4/14/2011  3:04:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,