[Tango-L] tango to rap

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 13:42:12 EDT 2011

> I can accept the hypothesis that you
> can dance any type of step to tango
> music and legitimately call it tango, but I can't accept
> that dancing the
> same steps to any other music, can be called tango.

Are you referring an any individual step or a series of steps?  I would tend to agree that an individual movement could be included as tango.  However, a whole series of movement would bring it into question.

It seems to me that those who are against including dancing to non-tango music in the world of tango do so out of personal preference.  That's fine, but I've yet to hear an argument based on something that would withstand scientific scrutiny.

Trini de Pittsburgh