[Tango-L] tango to rap

Anton Stanley anton at alidas.com.au
Tue Apr 12 13:41:48 EDT 2011

Personally I can't imagine the concept below helping to achieve a meaningful
definition of tango. Could a ballet, say Swann Lake, featuring so called
'tango steps", be a subset of tango. If it can satisfy as a tango subset, so
can any other possible combination of music and steps. Even further, maybe
we don't need two to tango. Is there anything non tango about solo tango?
Can we just continue breaking down all the little fences that have
identified tango in the past?
If something I hold as beautiful and dear, is threatened with obliteration,
I feel obliged to fight for its survival. Call me old fashioned.

Anton

"I just see people dancing tango to non tango music as just developing
another subset of dancing in the vast world of tango. "