[Tango-L] tango to rap

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 14:08:41 EDT 2011

--- On Tue, 4/12/11, Anton Stanley <anton at alidas.com.au> wrote:

> If something I hold as beautiful and dear, is threatened
> with obliteration,
> I feel obliged to fight for its survival. Call me old
> fashioned.

This is my last post of the day.  Why, Anton, do you think classic tango will be obliterated?  Has ballet been obliterated by adding swing or jazz or tango?  If we compare notes with those who danced in BsAs in the 80's, we can say that the total number of dancers who dance classic tango has increased exponentially over the past 30 years.  Where is the obliteration?

Trini de Pittsburgh