[Tango-L] tango to rap

Sergey Kazachenko syarzhuk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 09:55:40 EDT 2011

At least here in Boston most nuevo dancers are more experienced than
regular ones, they use the space efficiently - large moves when there
is no danger to others, small confined moves when there is not enough
room. I saw Damian dance when he was here. It was a very small-space
milonga (the space is so tight you are pretty much required to dance
in close embrace, which in effect sorts out the beginners who can only
dance in open). He was doing nuevo moves, controlling his mujer very
efficiently. But one wrong move and her stiletto heel was driven into
the foot of the lady behind her. That lady was off the dance floor for
the rest of the tanda. I watched it and thought that accidents happen
to everybody, but a self-proclaimed tango god should be better than
that.