[Tango-L] rotation of dance partners

Donald Sinclair donald.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 05:53:44 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 6:50 PM, roger miller <rmillr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need some comments, advice, etc, regarding the rotation of class participants in weekly classes and in particular weekend workshops with visiting instructors.  Rotation encouraged?  required?
>
> How is this handled in various locations?  or ignored?

In weekly classes, there is usually a gender imbalance, so we operate
a "change corner" which couples who wish to stay together bypass.
In balanced workshops, I prefer teachers to say something like
"leaders move round 1 follower" frequently if they want to mix us up,
and "return to original partner" when that makes sense.
During a class, my brain is too full to want the extra load of
guessing who would be best to practice with, and I know I'd often be
wrong. Also, cabeceo plus milling about takes up valuable time.

Donald