[Tango-L] Just say NO: (the fear of close embrace)

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Fri Sep 17 15:45:52 EDT 2010

Lois:
The easiest way to deal with the situation is to think of telemarketing
phone calls. Somehow, my name landed up on an investors list. Companies
called trying to get me to buy gold, precious metals, oil, gas and I forget
what else. The moment I say "I'm not an investor and I don't know how you
got my name", the company immediately terminates the call.

I suggest women practice "That's not what my teacher said." That should end
the conversation. If the man persists, "when you become my teacher, I'll do
it your way." It's polite without any emotion. I'm surprised there aren't
workshops on this topic at festivals. I bet the workshop would fill up in no
time with a waiting list. Of course, it would be for women only!

Michael
I danced Argentine Tango --with the Argentines