[Tango-L] the fear of close embrace

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Fri Sep 17 13:32:50 EDT 2010

This reminds me of the time I (as the milonga organizer) had to tell a man
to stop teaching on the floor.   He was respectful to me and said "No
problem - it stops right now"  That was nice. (Other times men have blamed
me and never returned to the milonga.)

Then he went right over to my boyfriend and said "Who was that b____ who
complained about me giving her some tips? Because I'm never going to dance
with that b___ again!"

The point is - women would love to stand up for themselves and tell men to
stop acting like such cads.  How should they do that without having bad
manners themselves??

Loisa Donnay

Sergey wrote:  > And most ladies (at least 20 cm shorter than me) didn't
have a problem at
> all with my hat.

Alexis wrote:
Pet peeve: "teaching/lecturing" at a milonga, in the middle
of the ronda. I sometimes really can't understand why the unfortunate
(usually female) victim doesn't kick the offender where it hurts.