[Tango-L] the fear of close embrace

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 14:13:28 EDT 2010

Coincedently, this morning I came to the conclusion that it was the fear of the
close embrace
that was keeping the women in my town gaah gaah over fancy stage steps and
avoiding the close embrace
dance....this is after some months of observing classes and social dances...at
first, I couldnt understand
the almost universal preference for dancing apart with wide,
ostentaciously swinging movements and the
absence of the subtle and close dancing....after listening to their reactions to
certain dancing and their absence
of same for the close embrace dance, seeing that they comprised young and not so
young women and from
different cultures some of them.....is it just a matter of taste and my own lack
of it?  I have considered that
and I give the edge to this strange reticence and fear of the close embrace...I
remember one woman expressing
the idea that she didnt want to be 'glued to someone'...this was some time ago
but it expresses the same distaste for the intimate embrace.
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
www.mario7.deviantart.com/
www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.tangoandchaos.org