[Tango-L] Care & Feeding & Fantasy

Vince Bagušauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:16:58 EDT 2010

>The cabeceo plays into this fantasy for some. For others it can present a harsh reality.

I have been thinking, over the last few weeks, about a suitable response to the topic of the cabeceo and the related topic of women refusing to dance with men who they do not consider to be at "their level".

A rejection is a rejection no how matter how you want to wrap it up.  It would take a very skillful woman to be able to use the cabeceo or give a verbal excuse, without making the rejection obvious and brusing the mans ego. I have seen and experienced all sorts of responses to the cabeceo including a firm "NO" shake of the head or staring right through you as if you did not exist.

So ask yourself, if a man was rejected while flirting with a woman, would he come back for more?  Maybe yes in a few years time but maybe he has moved on by then having good dances with others. A harsh reality on the fantasy, but "Once bitten, twice shy".

So go ahead and nuture the man as suggested at the expense of becoming a wall flower.

Vince
In Melbourne,
on his comfy armchair.