[Tango-L] Care & Feeding & Fantasy

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 17:26:45 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 10/27/10, Trini y Sean (PATangoS) <patangos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> At the heart of it all, tango is a fantasy.

Well, this is interesting. I wonder what the typical
fantasies are. I am going to guess that the typical
man's fantasy is "I am competent and capable" and the
typical woman's fantasy is "I am beautiful".

Now you might wonder what gives me the right. Well,
as an armchair psychologist of impeccable credentials,
I'm well qualified to guess what other people are thinking.

To go even farther out on the limb (I can hear it cracking
now ...) I would guess that people entertain these
fantasies in the dance because that's how they would like
to see themselves in an actual, off-the-pista relationship.