[Tango-L] Cabaceo & SAYING "NO"

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 00:52:26 EDT 2010

----- Original Message ----
> From: Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com From Sean.

> These women need a serious reality check about their own abilities. >

Agree. Many beginner ladies can get dances with good leaders and they
soon have an inflated sense of their own ability. Thereafter, they often don't
want to dance with other beginners, including their own classmates.

> And the sub-par dancer aggressively pursuing the skilled dancer is far more
>likely (90% or more) to be a woman than a man. Likewise, men are more
>likely than women to be dancing with someone below their own ability. >

This certainly corresponds with my observations.

> So even though a man may be far above her level, he is still not good enough
> - in her mind. >

Agree again, especially after dancing with their teachers [as Sean also said].
These are the ladies who often end up sitting, not because they're turning down
dances but because fewer and fewer men will ask her - including me. :-)

> The women that I want to dance with manage to really dance, regardless of
>the man. Even if the man is far less skilled than she. >

My own partner is very good and, for various reasons, she often dances with
men below her level, especially visitors. But she always enjoys her dances.

It's often said that a person's true personality will be revealed in the
milongas
and I agree with that. Some women are just 'nicer' than others and, personally,
I only dance with ladies that I like or think I will like, regardless of their
dance

ability.

Jack